Text© Jack Ross, 2001
Photographs© Gabriel White, 2003
All Rights Reserved
- The poem “Nouvelle Vague” first appeared in Landfall 202 (2001): 111; the passages in French are quoted from Jean-Luc Godard, Nouvelle Vague (München: ECM, 1997).
- Quotations from Britney Spears come from Marcelle Katz’s interview, “Oops, she did it again …” TV Guide (October 13, 2000) pp.6-7.
- The facsimiles of Paul Celan manuscripts come from Gesammelte Werke in fünf Bänden, ed. Beda Allemann & Stefan Reichert (Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp Taschenbuch Verlag, 1986) 2: III, IX, XI, XII, 3: VII & VIII.
- The “Cut Above” advertisement comes from the New Zealand Herald (November 6, 2001) p.C7.
- The Britney Suite was first published in a numbered, limited edition of 20 copies at the Perdrix Press in April, 2001.
This book, The Britney Suite, is circulated and sold subject to condition that it shall not by way of trade or otherwise be lent, resold, hired out or otherwise circulated without the publisher’s and/or the writer’s prior consent, in any form of binding or cover other than that in which it is published, and without a similar condition including this condition being imposed on the subsequent purchaser.
Poems, Imitations & Translations